History

James Hayes, Sr. – founder of Hayes Companies – began his career working in a small fabrication shop in the 1950s. He soon realized that he could produce the same type of work for customers on his own, but with better quality. Striking out on his own with just a single welding machine mounted on a Model-T Ford, he founded Hayes Manufacturing Company in 1954 – and never looked back.

From 1954 to 1972, Mr. Hayes built his company up to provide steel fabrication services out of a small machine shop that housed three welding machines, two lathes, a milling machine and a few drill presses. In 1972 his son, James Hayes, Jr., joined the company and shortly after in 1975, Cliff Hayes graduated from Louisiana Tech and joined the company. They have continued building the business since then – always being sure to keep the company current with the changing needs of the construction industry as well as advances in technology.

Today, what was once a small machine shop is now known as Hayes Companies and includes a 100,000-square-foot fabrication shop equipped with a diversity of metal-working equipment, an experienced workforce, a hydraulic crane fleet of up to 80-ton capacity and a plant maintenance crew on-call 24 hours a day.

Nearly 60 years in business has honed this company into one of the most productive, safest and highest quality steel fabrication shops in the south. And our entire workforce takes great pride in showing the same commitment and loyalty to each other and our customers as demonstrated by our founder and his sons.